Monday, December 3, 2018

Santa's Ghirardelli Holders

For those of you that don't know, earlier this year I was contacted by an Aunt that I didn't know I had.  Turns out she was the half sister of my birth Mother (I was adopted at birth - and never knew who my birth Mom was).  So, turns out she'd lived within miles of me most of my life, we may have even passed each other in a store or passing on the street.  She passed away three years ago, but some of the miniatures that she made are apparently still at the Independent Senior Living residence where she lived before she passed.  Now that my long work hours are over, I'm taking a quick trip to where she lived to see them and bring them home.  I'm so happy they kept them and said they are mine to have!

Well, I can't go without some little treats for the people that live and work there, just as a thank you.  I decided on some matchbook holders with Ghirardelli chocolates.  I found this pattern from The Papered Chef - the same lady that I found that turned me on to the Brother Scan n' Cut. 




Recipe:
Santa's Workshop Designer Series Paper - 7 1/4" x 2 3/4" - be sure to cut so that the pattern of paper will fold and not be "sideways".  See below.


With the top of the paper on your cutter as shown above, score at 6 1/2", then 3 1/8" and then 2 7/8"
Fold on the score lines and staple the smallest fold up with two staples - to look like a matchbook.

Attach a Ghirardelli chocolate inside with a removable glue dot.  Tuck the edge under the small flap.


On top I attached some cut-outs also from the same Designer Series Paper  which I cut out with my Scan N Cut.  I love that thing!  I attached them with some Wobbles that I bought years ago and had dug out the other day. 


You can see the spring under the Santa here.  They are so cute and fun when they wobble!


The "for you" is from Wood Words and punched with a 1" circle punch.  I also punched some scallops out of the back of the DSP that was red with the dots.

Aren't these cute and they were SO FAST to do!


Here are the Wobbles.


Thank you for looking in today!  Going to enjoy this week off, so today really is Happy Monday!

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. Oh so fun! I had not thought about using the Wobbles on these. Pretty cool! Who doesn't like a little chocolate and if they can't have it or don't like chocolate they have a cute little holder to brighten their day. Have a fun and safe trip. I wonder what kind of miniatures she made?

    Chris from Pella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be posting pictures of what she made when I get them home. I'm thinking shadowbox type mini's but I'm not sure. I can hardly wait to see them.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors