Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Butterfly Gala in Black and White

In thinking back, I don't know that I've ever done a card that is just Black and White.  This Botanical Butterfly designer series paper makes it look beautiful.

I know I've done this paper before and just colored a little, but this time, no coloring.


Recipe:
Basic Black - 4 1/4" x 11", scored and folded at 5 1/2"
Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper - 4" x 4"
Whisper White - 1" x 5 1/4"
Basic Black - 1/2" x 5" - using your paper snips to put a v-cut in the ends
Basic Black - 1 1/4" x 3 1/4"
Whisper White - 1" x 3" - for Sentiment
Whisper White - 4" x 5 1/4" for inside panel

Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon - for knot on the front.  (I had planned to use black and white gingham ribbon, then realized we only have Night of Navy.)


I added some Rhinestone Basic Jewels to sparkle up the front a bit and I popped up the sentiments with Stampin' Dimensionals.


Stamps:  Butterfly Gala
Ink:  Memento Black


Thank you for looking in today!  Happy Hump Day!

~ Donna



4 comments:

  1. I liked it with a little coloring and I really like it just this way! Wonder how that black and silver ribbon from the garage and gear suite would look for the little knotted ribbon? Something really speaks to me with no color and not sure why. It just looks sort of elegant maybe is the word. I think I need to play with this idea on a couple cards today. Thanks Donna!

    Chris from Pella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris! I'll look forward to seeing what you come up with. So many options, just by changing the banners around.

      I think the ribbon from Garage Gear would look great as well!

      Delete
  2. I started out with this paper Thursday and just kept switching everything up. Then, I was in a hurry to get it in the mail and forgot to take a photo of it. I ended up using the black gingham part and a cut out butterfly but not sure what else I did now. It was sort of a fun fold too. Good intentions at least!

    Chris from Pella

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors