Saturday, March 9, 2019

I Thought of You Today

This started out as something I thought would be fairly quick and easy - and it was once I figured out how to work around a problem.  If you follow Brian King, you'll recognize this card.  When I saw it I loved the color combination and the clean look.  My problem, my Calypso Coral Stampin' Blends have seen better days and I realized I don't yet have Mossy Meadow.

Solution, watercolor paper with Aqua Painters and ink pads!  I think it came out very pretty, if I do say so myself.


Recipe:
Mossy Meadow - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Whisper White - 4" x 5 1/4"
Petal Pink - 3 3/4" x 5" - Run through the Subtle Embossing Folder
Petal Pink - Die Cut with Petals and More Thinlits Die
Whisper White - Die Cut with Petals and More Thinlits Die


Stamps:  Climbing Roses and Petal Palette
Ink: Memento Black (sentiment), StazOn Black (for watercoloring), Calypso Coral, Mossy Meadow

Inside is Whisper White - 5 1/4" x 4" - stamped with StazOn Black and quickly painted with Aqua Painters and ink from the inside of the stamp pads.  I say quickly because if you use too much water on the basic cardstock, the paper will be damaged.  A small area like these little flowers worked well.


Thank you for looking in today!  Happy Saturday!

~ Donna

Product List

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Mossy Meadow is one of my favorites and I was so excited when they brought it back! I have not used the aqua painter and ink pads for a long time. If I do use the aqua painter - it is with a watercolor pencil. But, I really love the blenders.

    Chris from Pella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mossy Meadow really is pretty. It's such a different deep shade of green. Watch for it in Sunday's post!

      Thank you Chris!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors