Saturday, March 23, 2019

Dog House Gift Box

Today my hubby is going to go see his Mom and Sister and I'm staying home with Nike.  Nike has to stay home because he's not up to playing with Sassy, his Beagle cousin at Mom's (Grandma and Auntie's) house.  She's still a pup and together they run all over the place.  The floor is slippery fo doggie feet and we're just not taking that chance.

So, I wanted to make a little treat for Sassy from Nike.  Then on Friday I found this in my email, made by Brenda Quintana and knew I just had to make it.  It was really very easy and I had it done in no time.


Star with a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock 6" x 7" and score on the 6" side at 2" and 4"


Turn and score at 2" and 5" on the 7" side.


After making all the score lines, cut as shown on the red lines below:


Ink up your Hardwood background stamp with Crumb Cake.


Place the Very Vanilla over the stamp and press down gently over the entire area. 


Lift and repeat on the other side.


Don't worry about the missing ink on the outside edges. These will be covered with another piece of cardstock.


Fold on all the score lines with your bone folder.


Place adhesive on the outside panels that were cut into the middle and fold together into a box.


Cut a piece of cardstock at 2" x 3" - follow the instructions below to make a template for the front and back of the dog house.


Cut two more pieces of Very Vanilla 2" x 3" and using the template trim them to match.
Ink up the Hardwood background again and place the two end pieces onto the ink and rub gently over each to transfer the ink onto the paper.




Cut a piece of Basic Black - 1 3/4" x 1 1/4".  Place the 2nd to smallest Oval Die over the paper as shown below and cut with the big shot.




Ink up "JUST FUR YOU!" with Soft Suede and stamp onto a piece of Very Vanilla scrap.  Punch with Classic Label Punch with the first of the stamp over to one side.


Using a piece of Post it Note slide the punched piece into the punch so that you punch closer to the end of the sentiment.  This will make a smaller punch piece that will fit nicely on the dog house.


Punch a heart from a piece of scrap Real Red...


... and assemble! 


I used the 3" x 6" Gusseted Cellophane bag.  To make the bag stand flat on the bottom, place a piece of 3" x 2" cardstock in the bottom.  I filled the little bag with the same Mini Milk bones that we gave to the little dog next door when she ran into a car!!  To see that post, click HERE.


Thank you for looking in today!  Happy Saturday!

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. Cute, I was going to send that to you and then I remembered you get her blog posts I thought. Now I know what it looks like with different dog coloring. We are trying to get a dog park going here and I may have to whip up some of these when they decide to have a sale or at least they could give them to the donators. I am wondering about using a wood grain paper too. All kinds of fun ideas with this one! Love all your photos too! Great job as always!

    Chris from Pella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Chris! It's hard to surprise each other when we follow the same people! hahaha! I think the wood grain paper would be perfect... oh except it's only 6" wide and you need 7" x 6". Maybe you could use it to cover the Very Vanilla. Hmmm.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors