Sunday, January 27, 2019

Cake is the Answer

Yesterday was such a fun filled day with my stamping friends at a Regional Event put on by my upline Lorri Heiling.  Lorri comes up with some of the greatest projects and this event was spectacular!  I can't wait to share them all with you.

Here is the first one for you.  I'm so happy that the Letters Dies are still in the catalog and I hope they don't go away, ever!  There are so many fun things to do with them.


Recipe:
Coastal Cabana - 5 1/2" X 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Whisper White - 4" x 5 1/4" (cut 2 - one for inside as well)
How Sweet It Is Designer Series Paper - 3 3/4" x 5"

Using ONLY the Designer Series Paper, place it on the Big Shot spacing the letters, C, K and E with a space big enough for the cake and cake stand from Piece of Cake Bundle (stamps and punch) which will take the place of the letter A.

Attach the Whisper White cardstock to the Coastal Cabana, then attach the DSP (with the letters removed) onto the Whisper White with Liquid Multipurpose Glue.

Attach Foam Strips to the backs of each of the letters and attach them to the open spaces where the letters were cut out.

Stamp and punch the cake onto Whisper White and color the cake with Melon Mambo and Coastal Cabana  Stamp and Write Markers.  Punch cake stand from Silver Foil.  Attach the cake stand and the cake to a small rectangle piece of scrap paper so the cake can sit on the stand properly.  Attach onto the card where the "A" would be.


Stamp "Cake is the answer" onto a strip of Whisper White cardstock and then snip off the word "cake" because you have the big CAKE on the card already.

Inside, stamp the candles and sentiment in Coastal Cabana and Melon Mambo.


Thank you for looking in today.  Come back tomorrow for more fun projects from our Saturday Event!

Have a Blessed Sunday.

~ Donna


Product List

4 comments:

  1. This is so fun! I love changing out a letter for, well, a cake for the A is perfect! I made my first eclipse card but she had cut out the letter so we just had to put the letters on dimensionals and put them in. But, still I got to see how. Your card brought it up several notches though! I bet you had a great time at your event. Can't wait to see more!

    Chris from Pella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a wonderful time! So many great projects and a couple of big projects that are out of this world, at least to me. I can't wait to show them off!

      Delete
  2. I saw Lorri's home decor project HOME where you velcro different things for the "O" with the month. Some were so clever. I loved the frame she had used. I have been going to try something like that for myself but just being lazy.

    Chris from Pella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely LOVE that project! I even stopped on the way home to buy a frame for it, so now it's ready to be displayed. I just love it! Snowmen in January for Phoenix though maybe need to change to a Sun - because it's clear and sunny outside!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors