Saturday, January 26, 2019

Tea Together Tips

When I first saw this set I knew the perfect person to receive the first card and her birthday is coming up, so here it is!  I won't say who it will be going to, just in case she peeks in.


Recipe:
Powder Pink - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Powder Pink - 4" x 5 1/4" - Embossed with the Subtle Embossing Folder
Whisper White for Teapot
Shimmery White for doily, cut with Beautiful Layers Thinlits then cut in half
Whisper White for Sentiment - cut with Rectangle Dies


So, I want to tell you about the new cling stamps that are in the latest catalog.  They are VERY VERY sticky!  So, here's a tip for you to remember so that you don't ruin them like I almost did.  After you put your stickers on them and have them all assembled, use some washi tape on the edge of the sticky side, like a handle.  If you put them into their case or on a clear block when you stamp, you may have a very difficult time getting them up unless you have something that keeps part of it from sticking - aka - the washi tape.  Leave the tape a bit long so you have something to grab and lift with.



Here it is on the clear block:


My next tip for you is for stamping the flowers onto the tea pot.  Stamp your tea pot onto the paper you wish to use and then, stamp it  again onto a post it note.  Cut out the center of the pot along the lines so you can stamp a flower or leaves and not have them stamp outside the lines.



Then color as desired.  I colored mine with Pool Party Stampin' Blends as lightly as I could.


Thank you for looking in today!  Have an awesome Saturday.  I know I will because I will be stamping with our Stampin' Up! team of demonstrators!

~ Donna

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for all the great tips. I have not put any labels on mine yet. Love the tea pot. I love tea stuff. I will be getting the stamp set and the SAB dies. That is fun for the doily using that one die. I really am loving the new Subtle embossing folder which I think you used. Try it with vellum, it is amazing. Love the pretty flowers and the tips for that too. Tea-rrific! Have a great time today!

    Chris from Pella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try the Subtle folder with vellum. I bet it does look wonderful. I have to use the stickers. It drives me crazy not seeing what I'm stamping LOL... just one of those things.

      The tea stuff is so great. I sure hope it sticks around. I'd hate to earn the die cut and then not have it be useable later.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors