Sunday, January 13, 2019

Growing My Team and a fun Tip

My Team grew this week and I'm so very happy to welcome a new member to my Stamps Well With Others Team!  Stampin' Up! has even made it easier to help me make my teammates something fun with a new stamp set available to Demonstrators and I love it!

Oh, and look, no Butterflies today!  ha ha!


Recipe:
Granny Apple Green - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Basic Black - 2 3/4" x 4 1/8"
Gingham Gala - Designer Series Paper - cut with Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies (4th from the largest was used)
Whisper White - cut with Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies (largest oval)



Stamps: 
Hoppy for You (FREE! with Sale-a-bration qualifying purchase)
Stamping Your Way to the Top (Demonstrator Set - join my team for your set!)

Ink:
Memento Black
Granny Apple Green

Stampin' Blends - Granny Apple Green and Daffodil Delight Combo Packs


AND NOW... for a fun tip!

I've had a terrible time getting the newly designed stamp pads to open and slide easily into place, and I've tried several possible solutions.  BUT, this week I discovered one that really works!  

Grab any lip balm you have around, we all have them, and we've used them before to hold the Cling Mount Stamps to the Clear Blocks (BEFORE this year now that they cling like crazy!)  


Simply apply your lip balm along the open edge (both sides) of the stamp pad.  See the picture below.  Then slide the ink pad in and out of the groove and you'll find it works like a charm in just a couple of swipes in and out!

I'm so happy I could burst!  We've been told the pads will break in with use, but who has time for that?  ha ha!  This way they can be lightly lubricated and work right away.  It just takes a little of the lip balm to help.  Give it a try!


Have a Blessed Sunday!  Thank you for looking in today.

~ Donna

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new member, I bet you are hopping with excitement! Your card couldn't be any cuter! I fussy cut and colored a pair of the frogs the other day. I tried the Mossy Meadow light and an Old Olive on it's tummy and I liked them. I will try the Granny Apple Green another time. Most of the frogs and toads I have seen around here seem to be darker in color. Especially the one my neighbor girl asked me to grab for her when it got away from her. Yuck, the thing was squirmy and slimy and Mike had a good laugh over it! I need to find someone to help dig our snow out. We had 8 inches at least and it is deep, wet and heavy.

    Chris from Pella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are braver than me grabbing that frog or toad for your neighbor girl! LOL I think the darker colors would be more correct, but I sure love the bright green that goes with the gingham.

      No snow in Phoenix, but they've had plenty at Snow Bowl north of Flagstaff. All the ski people love it! I like seeing it from a distance.

      Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. Donna, Thanks for the great tip on the ink pads. I'll be trying this for sure! GlendaJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glenda, let me know how it goes when you try it. I've done it on a few of my pads so far and I'm finally happy with the new design!

      Happy Week!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors